Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Eccentric Duct Work Transitions

I thought I would post this from the AUGI forum. It was a question that was posted in relationship to creating a transition that is flat on top or bottom.

I did a quick search and people seem to be having problems with the ductwork transitions in general. So I feel a bit better about this whole thing.

I can't seem to find a flat on bottom (or top) concentric on the side rectangular transition. So to take a page from buzz's book. I want

__
\_/

I'm getting

__
|_/

But the concentric one above is not flat on the top or the bottom.

I'm trying to do a fairly large BIM model where space is tight and AMEP doesn't seem to let me create flat on top or bottom pieces without having one of the other sides flat as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.


I have found that by default, the settings make one side flat like you are getting. In order to get flat on top or bottom, you have to use an eccentric transition and then you have to modify the "Eccentricity" for the fitting after inserting. I have attached a drawing showing the different settings needed to accomplish what you are looking for.







No comments: